How to Contribute
Ways to make your contribution
A. Self-Contribution (contribute now)
Use the online contribution form in CALASYS to submit the bibliographical information along with your works (See instruction below for details)
Submit the bibliographical information along with your works to us via email at email@example.com (See instruction below for details)
Please read through the following before you make your contributions, especially before your first contribution.
Checklist for all contributions (must read)
- Please read our User Policy which consists of (1) Content Policy for types of document and datasets to be deposited; (2) Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality, and copyright; (3) Data Use Policy.
- Please read our Author Agreement, and consider whether you want to apply a Creative Commons License to your work.
- Get the metadata information (e.g., Title, Creator/Author, Subject, Date, Rights) of your works and your files ready (e.g., pdf, ppt, png, jpg, mov, mp4).
- Check CALASYS' Collection Tree and find a collection to which you'd like to submit. If you cannot find a relevant collection, you can propose a new collection by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must register an account, read through the checklist above, and have the metadata ready (Please refer to CALASYS Metadata Guidelines on how to fill in the metadata fields)
Step 1: Login to your CALASYS account (Skip this if you already signed in)
Step 2: Fill out the Self-Contribution Form as instructed in the form:
- Choose the type of work from the drop-down list (e.g., Journal Article, Document, Presentation, Poster, Book, Book Chapter, Conference Proceeding, Image, Video, Report).
- Enter metadata information for your work or item: Title Creator and Date are required elements (if applicable). We also strongly recommend adding values for the following fields: Date Issued, Abstract, Description, Identifier, Rights, Source, and Subject. For example, Source can be used for published articles to indicate URI, journal name, etc.
- Upload your file (if any, pdf, ppt, png, jpg, mov, mp4).[Omeka.net recommends a single file size limit of 128 MB for uploading. If you have files exceeding the limit, please contact CALASYS.]
Note: Be sure to check "I agree to the Terms and Conditions" and click "Contribute" to complete the process.
Step 3: Check for submission status
- Upon submission, the website will display a thank you note with links for you to make another contribution or browse the archive to view your submission.
- You will also receive a confirmation with URL from the system in the email you registered on the CALASYS site.
- Your submission will be public on the CALASYS site after a CALASYS administrator reviews it.
Please send your contribution to email@example.com.
Note: A list of bibliographical information of your works in an Excel file will be much helpful.
In your email, please provide us with the following information:
- Submitter Contact Information: Name, Email, Phone, Institute.
- DataType: Journal Article, Document, Presentation, Poster, Book, Book Chapter, Conference Proceeding, Image, Video, Report, or others (please specify).
- Publication/Data Details: Vary by data Please provide details relevant to the type of work or data you are submitting. Basic information would include Title, Creator/Author, and Date. We also strongly recommend providing information for the following fields: DateIssued, Abstract, Description, Identifier, Rights, Source, and Subject. For example, Source can be used for published articles to indicate URI, journal name, etc.
- Full-Text: If you would like to contribute the full-text, please provide an URL link to the full-text, or send it as an attachment (see above for format requirements) along with the email.
Review and Acceptance
Once you submit the contribution, please allow at least five business days for review. During this time, a CALASYS administrator will check the bibliographic completeness and accuracy of your contribution and make sure that the files you uploaded can be opened. We will not review the content of the files you uploaded, except to make sure they are within the CALA digital repository scope. Once the review is done, we will either make your contribution public or contact you for further information.
If you have any questions or run into any difficulty in submitting your work, please feel free to email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your contributions!