Browse Exhibits (6 total)
CALA 50th Anniversary Collection
The Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2022-2023. The "CALA 50th Anniversary Collection" exhibit is created to showcase important documents, collections and projects on the 50th celebration.
Featured Documents & Projects
CALA 50th Anniversary/ CALASYS Collection Grant
CALA 50th Anniversary/ CALASYS Collection Grant Recipients:
ALA: A Path to the Future Library Leaders
CALA/YALSA Chinese American Reading List
CALASYS Collection Grant Special Recognition:
Ming Qing Women's Poetry Collection
2022 CALA Annual Conference
CALA Poster Session
June 25, Saturday from 11-12 pm ET
Washington Convention Center 204B
- An In-house Help Desk Ticketing System: Features and Benefits, by Ping Fu
- Augmented Reality Game for Library Tour: An Academic Library Experience, by Yingqi Tang
- Using Wikidata to Create Knowledge Graphs for Library Collections, by Sai Deng
- Can we? Should we? Considerations when selecting a Research Data Repository, by Minyoung Chung, Diana Dulek and Jingshan Xiao
- Enhance the Discovery and Interoperability of Culturally Rich Information: the Chinese Women Poets Wikiproject, by Greta Heng, Amanda Xu, Sai Deng, Lihong Zhu and Xiaoli Li
- Academic Libraries’ Support of Student Learning through Designing a Library-based Research Information Literacy Course, by Liya Deng
- The English Conversation Group (ECG) at the Leddy Library for International Students, by Shuzhen Zhao and Rong Luo
- Building a Community with Virtual Programs, by Hong Yao, Cathy Chen and Nelson Lu
CALA Newsletter Collection
The CALA Newsletter (ISSN: 0736-8887) is the official publication of the Chinese American Librarians Association. CALA Newsletter disseminates information about Chinese American Librarianship and the activities of the association. It is published twice a year in Spring and Fall.
CALA Leaders and Members Collection
This collection features the Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA)’s pioneers, leaders, and members. It focuses on their life stories and their contributions to the library community while their scholarly work will be archived in the CALA Member Scholarly Achievements Collection.
CALA Best Book Award Collection
This collection features books that have won the Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA)’s Best Book Award. The CALA's Annual Best Book Award is to promote awareness of the best books of Chinese topics or literature written by authors of Chinese descent, in English or the Chinese language, that were originally published in North America.
This Exhibit highlights books that have won the CALA’s Best Book Award in the past. For more information on the Best Book Award, please check out the Best Book Award collection or visit CALA's website at https://cala-web.org/Awards for future applications.
Top Level Collections
Started as a project of the Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) initiated by Dr. Sharon Hu in 2013, CALASYS is an academic resource and repository system to collect, organize and centrally store the academic publications, materials, and related information resources created and contributed by Chinese-American Librarians, especially CALA members, and other related contributors from the library and information sciences/services (LIS) and related subject fields.
For a complete list of collections, browse the Collection Tree.
CALA 50th Anniversary Collection
The Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2022-2023. The "CALA 50th Anniversary Collection" exhibit is...