What data do we collect, preserve and disseminate?
- Subject Scopes
- Chinese American Librarians’ academic publications and contributions.
- Chinese-American Librarianship related resources
- Chinese culture / literature related to LIS resources
- Official / Formal Publications
- Research Data Set
- Thesis and Dissertations
- Research Reports, Articles
- Audio / Video Publications
- Gray Publications*
- Other Scholarly Communications
- Library Resources (Learning/Teaching/Research)
- *Gray Publications: Informal Publications, such as:
- some organizational reports and events reports (including AV materials
- pre-publications and data
- presentation slides
- non-published research reports
- experimental data set
- technical documents or test data
- courses and teaching related documents or data on LIS education, e.g.:
- syllabus of courses
- course design
- curriculum design
- presentation files, and
- video/audio materials created by faculty (Chinese American Faculty of LIS and related fields) for LIS education.
How do we organize/present collected data?
- Metadata Standard and Guidelines
- Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
- CALASYS Metadata Guidelines
- General input guidelines
- Core elements and descriptions
- Omeka, a free and open source web-publishing platform has been set up for the pilot program which is currently in use.
- Item Format Types (types of collections)
- Publication; Manuscript; Sound Recording; Video Recording; Web Page; Presentation Files; Software: Dataset; Image